Sunday 2 September 2012

Fathers Day

Today was the husband's second Fathers Day.

He got a little sleep in, then surprised in bed by the baby and I and a bag of gifts. Although, the baby didn't seem to understand, and she opened most of the gifts for her daddy.

He got a 30 minute meals cookbook, a book on head massage, and a 'Spot loves his Dad' book. He got a few jumpers (he has been exercising and watching his meals, so he has lost weight and never seems to have enough jumpers), some singlets, a coffee-grind-collecter and a toblerone. He felt very spoilt.

We went to the markets (as we do every Sunday) and we had a cinnamon scroll after our egg / egg & bacon rolls. The baby was in a good mood all day, until she woke up from her second nap.

She woke up in a cranky mood, and she cuddled in to the husband and looked really put out as he held her. Then, while I was changing her nappy, she started to bawl. She was reaching for her back bottom teeth (her 12th tooth came through, so I hope that's it for a hear or so!) and screaming, but I soldiered through. Until the point where she was crying so hard that she started to choke, and I had to hold her upside down over her change mat as she coughed up frothy spit bubbles.

I have no idea what that was about.

After the husband and I soothed her and I got her pants on, she had some nurofen and afternoon tea and seemed just fine for the rest of the afternoon.

I am glad I did that first aid course - I knew I needed to tip her over and bang on her back, and while I was doing it I was scanning my brain for what I needed to do next (next step was to call the ambulance, I was scared it might be some kind of fit).

I hope that doesn't happen again.

No comments:

Post a Comment