Saturday 23 July 2011

Game time

Once I found out I was pregnant (another story for another time?) I signed up to a forum and subscribed to a few different newsletters, so each week I'd be sent a 'your baby is as big as an <insert fruit here> and weighs as much as an <insert random household item here>' email.

I received one yesterday that included suggestions for games to play with my baby. This follows along the lines of the 'feed-play-sleep' routine that I had never heard of until we were visited by the community nurse, but is apparently the thing that you are meant to do with your baby all day. Whoops.

You've got to give them points for trying - there's only so much you can do with a tiny person that sleeps roughly 20 hours out of every day (with more than half of that occurring between 1am and 6am {oh yeah, awesome}), who has no limb (or bladder/bowel) control, and no sense of what might actually be fun. Like Bop It! (Although, to be fair, I kick ass at that game, and because she's my daughter she would totally hate losing so she wouldn't find it fun.)

Do you want to play like a 2 week old baby? It's the weekend, guys, lash out! Why not try 'What a Sensation!' - get someone to lift up your shirt and drag a bunch of different stuff across your belly while coo-ing 'Feel the blanket? It's so soft!' and 'Feel the spoon? It's so cold!'.

So, consider this a call-out for suggestions of things I should rub on my baby's belly.

No comments:

Post a Comment