Monday 27 August 2012

First steps

Hooray! She did it!

I went out for lunch with some work friends and the baby was particularly squirmy - she just wanted to crawl everywhere, and had zero interest in sitting still or sitting in the stroller.

We mucked around the house for a bit and after her afternoon tea (she has taken to pointing at the fruit bowl and saying 'dat dat dat', so she had a banana), I was sitting on the couch with her. She was alternating between pulling up her shirt so I could see her belly, and then saying "bup bup" - which I took to mean 'up', so I'd pick her up and then say "down" and put her down.

I put her down an arms length away from me, and rather than dropping to the floor and crawling back (like she has been), she took one step, then another! After a practice round I got her to do four in a row and managed to film it for the husband.

She has just gone down for a nap - I can't wait to practice this some more once she wakes up!

No comments:

Post a Comment