Wednesday 1 August 2012

So it begins

I've had three full days at work now, trialling out my 8am-5pm.

Monday night, I was in bed at 9:30am.

I think it's the quick switch from a year of ho-humming around the house, to being (expected to be) a fully functioning, intelligent adult, learning a new job in a new environment. But it's great - I'm really loving it.

By the time the baby finally went down for her nap this morning, I knew I was going to have to get out of the house. We arranged to catch up with a friend after I sat at home waiting to see if mothers group was on or not. And as it was, my friend is a work friend and we sat with two other work friends for part of it.

Being back at work is probably going to give me some more momentum at home, I think. I mean, I do still like to get in and check out my facebook and my email and my RSS, but I should be using this time to be doing stuff. Today I've folded washing and hung out a load, tidied the three bedrooms, caught up with a friend, bought a new rubbish and recycling bin (with lids and pedals to stop the baby getting her hands in there - ICK), bought outdoor birdseed, changed the food of our cockatiels, made muffins for tonight and done the dishes. Once the baby is awake I'll be restocking the nappy bag, setting up her dinner for the husband to take with him tonight and getting ready for swimming.

Then, back to work tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment