Tuesday 8 November 2011

Feed the baby

The baby and I travelled country this weekend with some of my family for a family reunion.

A pleasant surprise was how well she slept in the portacot that the hotel provided - 12:30-6 and 6:30-9:30.

An unpleasant surprise was how vocally she was opposed to the idea of being covered with a light wrap to be fed. I tried to feed her after dinner at our table at the back of the room - I was sitting with my parents, my three brothers and two of their partners, so wasn't particularly interesting in whipping out a boob. Well. She was VERY clear that she didn't want the wrap on and so she wouldn't eat.

I then tried her in the 'parents room' of the club (a disabled toilet with one of those wall change stations) but it was so bright that she just stared around and smiled.

I then managed to feed her in a storage room to the side of a stage, between a bin and a mattress.

I felt like the phantom of the opera.

But at least she ate!

No comments:

Post a Comment