Saturday 19 November 2011

Post Operation

The operation went seemingly well.

It took an hour and 8 stitches, but I came home the same night - on the one hand its a shame to have missed my 'free' night's sleep, but better for the baby and the husband that I was here.

I can do 3/4 of the things I need to - just can't pick up / hold / change the baby. We lay her on the bed or a feeding pillow to feed and sometimes I just sit with her until she needs something (then the husband comes to rescue us).

It doesn't hurt (yet?) but is frustrating to be slow at stuff now. The painkillers they gave me aren't suitable for breastfeeding, so I hope it doesn't start to hurt.

We're also getting used to having our own ideas on how things 'should' be done. I'm sure there's more on this to come....!

No comments:

Post a Comment