Tuesday 15 November 2011

Operation

I have to fast from midnight tonight in preparation for a trip in to hospital.

I have a 'tumour' in my finger - basically there is a bump that they don't know what it is but think it's vascular. It grew a little while I was pregnant and has grown a bit more since then so I am keen to take it out.

On the plus side, I have to stay in hospital overnight, so I should get an okay sleep. It will also be nice to find out what the lump is and to not have to worry about it.

On the bad side... where to start?!
 - My whole hand is meant to be in plaster for at least two weeks. Hello, helpless.
 - Stitches / pain / scary surgery....
 - The anesthetic will be in my blood for 24 hours so I will be pumping and dumping that milk... I also wonder if I'm going to leak everywhere while I'm knocked out!

I've asked the husband to come and sit with me, and to bring the baby. I'm very lucky in that he's able to take time off work to care for me and the baby, so it will be nice to have this last bit of time where I can easily hold/feed the baby - I'm not allowed to get the plaster cast wet, so I will be somewhat limited in my baby interaction (if I can't get water on it, I surely can't get milk / poop / etc on it).

We'll see how it all goes - be right back!

No comments:

Post a Comment