Friday 28 June 2013

Groaaaaaaaaaan

How did we go?

Putting her to bed was so horrible I had to smile. She didn't want to go to bed. She made it obvious.

The Husband did her stories and put her down. Our plan was to do what we used to do - put her down, turn off the light, walk out. If she cried, we'd go in and put her back in bed, tell her it was time for sleep and walk out. We'd check her at increasing intervals.

I was in the kitchen as he was trying to walk out - I heard her screaming, then saw her head pop around the corner of the hallway and back in. SCREAMING. She had run from the cot to the door as he turned out the light and squeezed past him.

After two minutes, I went in to resettle her. She was like a demented chucky doll, frantic and making noise like I'd never heard before. SCREAMING.

I watched on the baby monitor as she flicked on the light and then sat on her bed, continuing to screech.

Then silence. Which is almost as stressful.

She was sitting on her bed, starting at the monitor. After five minutes she flopped down and went to sleep.

"Oh. That wasn't as hard as I thought it would be."

***
She started crying out at 3am - "mummy? mummy cuddle? MUMMY! MUMMY CUDDLE!!! MUMMYYYYY!"

After almost half an hour, we had to put a plan in place. I went in, I told her it was time for sleep, that she sleeps in her bed, I sleep in my bed, and I'd see her in the morning. The Husband kept us going "short term pain, long term gain".

It was another half an hour before she settled back to sleep.

Then again at 5am.

And again at 6am.

When I went in at 8am she was sitting happily in her room, playing with her books on the chair.

Scarily, her mobile was on the floor, which I think she would have needed to be on the arm of the chair to reach, but we won't be putting that back up.

No comments:

Post a Comment