Wednesday 16 October 2013

Hot Pot

Well, the babies first aid course I did when The Toddler was younger just paid for itself.

I was making dinner last night. I had strained the noodles in the sink and heated up the pasta sauce in the microwave. I took it out and put veggies in, and I was in the cupboard looking for the blender so that The Bubby could have some too.

Then, from right next to my leg, I heard "What's this mummy?".

And at the moment I started my gasp and reached to pull the hot pasta sauce contained out of The Toddlers hands, the container fell away from the lid that she was using to hold it. Hot pasta sauce all over the floor and her sandals and feet.

The crying began within the same second I had whisked her off the floor, shouted "DO NOT TOUCH THINGS ON THE BENCH!" and started my run to the bathroom, yanking off her right shoe (the saucier one) to stick her in the bath with cold water running. Then I took the other shoe off and put the plug in to keep more cold water.

After her tears stopped and about five minutes, I pulled her out to have a look, but a whimper started, so she was back in the bath for a full 20 minutes. During which she cheered up immensely and stood eating plain pasta in the bath.

I am so glad there is not even a mark on her.

I am so so glad I took that first aid course - I might not have thought to whisk that shoe off as quickly as I did, or I might have tried wiping her feet, or I mightn't have kept her in as long as tried to use lukewarm water.

No comments:

Post a Comment