Thursday 3 October 2013

Toilet

The other day, The Toddler decided she would sit on the toilet for the first time.

It has taken some coaxing - she first mentioned it a few months ago after one of the girls in her daycare rooms started toilet training and brought in a trainer seat. So, I went out and got one for us to use at home - but The Toddler was scared of it.

I'd gradually got her to play with it (still clean), and she had sat on it on the floor with her pants on.

I was brushing my teeth and she was brushing her teeth while sitting on the adult toilet (pants on).

We put the training seat on top of the closed toilet.

Then we took the seat to the other/main toilet.
She sat on it on the lid with pants on.
She sat on it with the lid up and pants on.
She sat on it with the lid up and pants off.

And, over about 10 visits to the toilet that day (at her request) she did two wees.

Since then, there's been five or so visits to the toilet with zero success.
Although, there has been three tantrums where she has cried for chocolate (the reward she received when she wee'd).

I don't think she knows when she's about to wee, I don't think she's ready.
But I'm not sure what to do about it when she asks to go - it usually means I have to camp out on a little stool in the toilet, holding The Bubby, making small talk about 'what's that?' (not many things in the bathroom, so it's a little repetitive).

No comments:

Post a Comment