Friday 11 October 2013

Tether end

I didn't go to the parenting course last night.

I got a few email reminders leading up to it, but they were full of things like "Are you at the end of your tether?", "Is everything you're doing just making it seem worse?" and "I'm looking forward to connecting with you".

I sent an apology email, indicating that The Husband wouldn't be back from work in time, and the lady was lovely and said not to hesitate to contact her if I needed, at any time. Which is nice, but also reassuring that it sounds like it's something I don't really need.

In fact, something The Husband said the other day is what got me thinking more about it - he was commenting how lovely and sweet The Toddler is, and of course I agreed. "Why do you think she is the way she is? It's because she's spending time with you".

(I should note he meant it in the way that she is sweet because of me, not in a 'YOU'VE MADE HER THIS WAY!' kind of way).

I also think that the language explosion she's going through (every week! so many more words and phrases and concepts!) is helping us communicate and easing the frustration.

No comments:

Post a Comment