Sunday 8 July 2012

Blip blip, split lip

The baby got totally spoilt. As well as the scooter trike that we bought her, she got four other trikes. FOUR.

I had her sitting on the pink and purple one that my parents bought her, pushing her in laps around the kitche and family room, one hand on the handlebars, one hand on her back.

We stopped and she sat happily on the trike, so happy she started to bounce up and down with her massive grin. I reached for my phone to take a picture for my parents, and that's when she knocked the handlebar which shifted the centre of the bike so she landed flat on her face on the hardwood floor.

And the tears. Oh my.

And then? The blood. Oh.... my.

The husband took turns giving her cuddles and kisses and googling to find out if this was something we needed to take her to hospital for. She wasn't letting us look in her mouth, or put ice on her already swollen top lip.

She stopped crying after a few minutes, and started chewing on a crust of bread, so she was fine.

Me? Not so much.

Tonight, in the bath, I got a quick look, and it's like she has a blood blister or a mark inside her lip, and a little scratch on the outside. Her tooth doesn't look crooked like the husband first fears, but her gum is a bit red. I will definitely be keeping an eye on that.

And I think I'll only be putting her on the trike that we bought her, that we can harness her in to.

No comments:

Post a Comment