Wednesday 11 July 2012

Still daddy's girl

I had my second day at work today, another fairly long day of training in preparation for the new job I will commence in August.

The husband stayed home to look after the baby, also giving my dad a bit of a break before he returns tomorrow. Again, she behaved really well.

They both came to pick me up at the end of the day (they had dropped me off so we didn't have to worry about parking) and I was very happy to see her smiley in the car. As soon as we got home, I jumped out of the car to unclip her and give her a hug.

She looked at me, looked at the husband, then put her arms out for him to take her.

On the one hand, yeah, it stung. I have been home for over a year now, caring for her. I have spent day in and day out looking after her every need, forsaking a lot of professional and personal interaction, and brain power (and salary!).

But, on the other, I guess it's great that she was so happy to have a day without me, and even greater that it was with her daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment