Monday 9 July 2012

Yes?

At family dinner tonight, I think we got the baby's next new work - "Yes!".

She was in a funny mood - overtired and a bit emotional, swinging from extreme chirpiness to adorableness to sadness to hilarity (apparantly shaking one of her cousins rattle toys is just THE funniest thing) to whinginess (which included cuddles from her, also new).

She was loitering as we ate dinner, taking turns in the husbands lap, my lap and the floor. She would point to my water with a "that" and then smile as I brought it to her mouth for a drink/to spit some on my lap. When she pointed to the glass we would ask "Water? Do you want this? Water? Yes? Yes please?" to try and get some consistent response from her, when it sounded like she replied "Yes!".

The husband and I looked at each other, to check we had each heard it.

The sister in law got a drink and the baby turned to it, pointing "that".

"That's my water", she said, "Would you like some?"

"Yes!"

I think all our jaws dropped on that one!

I hope it sticks around - should make communicating a fair bit easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment