Monday 22 April 2013

Early changes

There are a few positive changes that come from no longer being pregnant...

- I can brush my tongue again! All pregnancy, and last pregnancy, any pressure of my toothbrush on my tongue caused a massive dry retch.

- our dining chairs aren't as scary as they used to be. I was always underestimating my girth Nd banging my bump on the pointy corners of the top of the chairs.

- I can roll over in bed with out having to do it in four moves with my knees pressed firmly together (the SPD made it really uncomfortable to cha be positions in bed).

- I can hug The Husband without a giant lump between us. And get out of chairs easier. And get up and down to change The Toddler.

- it's easier to push a pram with two flat tyres through the mall than it is to walk with no pram and a baby on the inside.

- I'm 9kg lighter than when I gave birth (and I lost a few kg once I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes). I still have 4kg to go to get to pre pregnancy rate, then an additional 5kg to get back to my usual weight, and an additional 5-7kg to get to my favourite weight, but its a start.

- I can start thinking about the things I'd like to do this year (boxfit, rowing, roller derby) in realistic timeframes, rather than 'once the baby is out'.

- While I do kind of miss seeing my belly roll around, it's nowhere near as amazing as it feels to actually hold my baby in my arms.

It is harder to do y blood thinning needles though - all my belly is soft and some of the jabs Re quite painful, Worrying me that I might be injecting in to muscle.

No comments:

Post a Comment