Wednesday 17 April 2013

Thankful

I am so, so lucky to be able to have The Husband off work for a month.

I was in hospital for five nights, so he and The Toddler have spent a lot of time together, although I was extra double lucky that my parents were willing and wanted to take her for a few hours for most of those days so that he could continue to function and she could be spoilt.

He spent all day with her, drawing, blowing bubbles, doing washing, snacking. She's become a really daddy's girl.

Of course, the hard part is not looking at that as a failure on my part, that there is some magical balance where I can continue to be the 'preferred' parent while still establishing a relationship just as strong with someone who hasn't even been breathing outside air for a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment