Sunday 28 April 2013

Sleeps

After a few nights of feeds occurring at bang on every three hours (her tendency to latch on and off/fall asleep mid way means feeding usually takes over an hour, leaving me with blocks of sleep less than two hours long) I was really feeling it yesterday.

I had zero patience for the poor service at the arboretum cafe and the fact they had a Coke soft drink gun but wouldn't sell me a Coke because they could only sell what was in bottles in the fridge (wanky organic lemonade).

And The Toddler wouldn't nap because she fell asleep in the car on the way home, and then I had a lovely catchup with friends visiting, and The Toddler finally decided she'd nap at 4, then the baby wanted a feed from 430, then The Toddler was up from 5.

And even though The Husband gave me a sleep in until 930, my eyes were bugging out of my head by 6 and I was showered and in bed before 830pm.

Last night, The Bubby showed she's getting better at feeding and was done each time within 45 minutes (and feeding longer on both sides). And she went for a four hour stretch at one stage so I got a block of sleep around 3 hours long.

I'm rambling, and I should be napping now, but my points are a) even though this time is 'easier' than last time, it's still not 'easy', and b) I hope the baby keeps up this faster turnaround/longer sleep thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment