Sunday 14 April 2013

Sped up

The midwives warned us that things were likely to happen faster this time around as my body remembers what to do. My milk would come faster, my bleeding should stop sooner, but that I'm likely to get the blues earlier.

My middle brother and his girlfriend came to visit yesterday but I had to keep texting them to wait a bit longer as The Bubby was still feeding. She fed at 945am, 1030, 1120, 1150, 210pm, 250, 355, 610, 715, 810, 1010, 1050, 1220am, 1250, 130, 2am... I called the midwives who said she seemed gassy and they took her away to wrap a warm blanket around her to settle her belly. It settled her briefly, but only briefly. Some pacing with her brought up a few more burps, and I finally settled at 250am.

For 10 minutes sleep.

Once she started again, both of us were crying.

I was working out whether i would call the nurses in or wheel her out once the tears stopped, when I heard another burp and felt her relax. I put her in to her bed and she stayed quiet.

I slept from 4am to 630, when I snapped awake worried that she had suffocated. She was still settled. At 730 when I woke again, I woke her for a feed as it had been 5.5 hours. After a shower and another sleep from 930-1130 I woke her for another feed.

She was settled all day, though spent lunch time (when we're meant to nap) in my arms.

As I write this, she is asleep again in her bed. My milk seems to be coming in, so I am hoping this settled behaviour sticks around all night....

No comments:

Post a Comment