Wednesday 3 July 2013

Covered and resting

We went to the shops yesterday afternoon, and The Bubby starting crying halfway there. It wasn't until we stopped the car and got out that I realised the hood on her jacket had fallen forward and covered her face.

So stupid.

It was only Red Nose Day last Friday, where I was reading about SIDS, and then I nearly suffocate my baby in the car.

She was quiet while we walked the shops, and then had a feed two hours after her previous (not abnormal, she tends to feed every two hours or so all day), and I put her in her bassinet. Normally she'll have a sleep for an hour or so in the bassinet, and she's been lovely in timing it for when I need to do The Toddler's dinner, bath and bedtime.

But after The Toddler was fed, bathed and in bed, The Bubby was still asleep. And after I had tidied and peeled prawns for diner, still asleep. And after we'd eaten, still asleep.

In the end, she slept from 6pm - 3am without waking.

While it was handy because I could actually get things done, I missed her a little - evenings usually consist of a few rounds of hourly feeds, then she gets to the point where she is ready for bed, usually around 8pm.

And, actually, she's been napping for almost two hours now. Looks like our trip to the shops has been moved to this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment