Saturday 20 July 2013

Party time

Yesterday, one of my best friends celebrated the end of her Phd and graduation.

I brought The Bubby along and we arrived at the ceremony just in time to hear her name be called - it was a really special moment, and The Bubby was so well behaved.

I also got to go out last night.

Man, there ain't no party like a mummy-that's-baby-free party!

Of course, in typical style, I stopped after a few drinks for fear of getting too sloppy, and that was me for the night. Then I felt my let down come in, realised if I stopped drinking then I would be able to feed her as normal in the middle of the night, and thought about how terrible my day would be with a hangover and so I headed home.

Kind of ironically, it was in the same place and for the same friend as my last 'first big night out' after The Toddler was born. I'm so lucky that The Bubby is so cruisy and is able to let me go out and not feeling/looking like absolute crap after only a few months.

(the poop started it's arrival at 4am this morning, and has made a few appearances (and a massive painful cry) during the day. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.)

No comments:

Post a Comment