Wednesday 31 July 2013

Thar she goes

Last night, The Bubby got both hungry AND overtired while The Toddler was going through her bedtime routine (dinner at 6, bath or a shower, nudie run around the loungeroom, three stories, stars on, lamp off, goodnight). I fed one side while watching The Toddler, but when I took The Bubby in to her room to change her (she smelt poopy) The Toddler wouldn't sing so that I could hear her (and instead went quiet and picked at her eczma on her back and it started to bleed), so we abandoned that and continued with nudie run etc while The Bubby was screechy in her rocking chair.

I zipped The Bubby in to her sleeping bag (it's always at least 2 degrees colder in our room than the family room where the heating sensor is) fed the other side in the dark and put her in the bassinet, still screechy. I decided to film it so I could have a record of how quickly she settles - by the time I tucked one blanket over her, got the iPad from the bedside table and turned it to video to record the noise, she had gone from screaming to asleep.

We are really, really, really lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment