Monday 1 July 2013

Groundhog Day

I saw there was an article on HerCanberra today about being stuck in a rut while on Maternity Leave.

Great! How timely after yesterdays swimming debacle! Here is the answer to stop me feeling like I do!

Of course, there were no answers. Only questions.

Are you stuck reading the same old websites and blogs all the time? Yes, actually, but there's a lot of them.

 How long is it since you welcomed a new friend into your life, along with his or her entirely new perspective and experience and energy? A long time, I guess. I've really enjoyed getting back in touch with my work friend who also just had a baby and I really enjoy spending time with her, though I worry that I bother her too much.

 Do you know ‘what next’ in your career? No. I think there's going to be a change at some stage, but I don't know to what and when. I did see a friend advertise a Tafe course to be a vet nurse (rather than a vet!) but it would be a pay drop. Maybe BI? I like to snoop.

What are you doing to get yourself there? Nothing. I have a friend who works in there.

What meals are you cooking? The same old. Usually meat and potatoes. 

 What are you reading and watching on TV? I watch The Block with The Husband, I watch Masterchef and Glee alone. And I watch the iPad in bed. The rest of the TV time The Husband watches sport.

 How do you spice up the domesticity of weekends? I try. I try to find things on so that we can get out together as a family, and it really impacts my mood when we don't.

 Do you have a hobby? No.

 Do you play a sport? No. And I can't at the moment and I'm really frustrated. Physically I'm not allowed, but I also know it's likely I'm not going to be able to do the two I wanted to this year - rowing (see the swimming debacle) and derby (I should face I'm probably too old and wussy).

 What groups or associations do you belong to? None.

 Who do you have offline conversations with? My family and my husbands family and my work friend every week or two.

 What time do you spend alone with your thoughts? None! If I'm not looking after the girls, I'm in bed.

When did you last play ‘tourist’ in your home town? We plan to do more - I did enjoy going to the botanical gardens the other weekend with two of my brothers, my SIL and my niece.

How do you want to be spending your time two years from now? I want to be happy with what I'm doing. I don't want to feel like I'm still 'getting used to' my life, I want to be in control of it.

It's given me some things to think about...


No comments:

Post a Comment