Friday 19 July 2013

Work it out

Last night, I went to the gym for the first time in yeaaaaaaaaaaaaars -I did an RPM class with my friend who also had a baby at the same time as The Bubby.

Because of my pelvis, I'm still not allowed to do anything which puts more weight on to one leg than the other, so I sat down for the whole class. I didn't get to the sweaty point, only really to the tired and slightly nauseous point, but I think that was due to not eating enough while rushing around trying to sort out appointments for The Bubby's hips, and the fact it was the first 'real' exercise (excluding the raining training I did before falling pregnant with The Bubby) in over four years.

It felt great to be out and doing something for me (and I've now lost 2.4 kg in two weeks on weight watchers!), and whereas I used to always find excuses to get out of going to the gym, being able to leave the house and the mess and the babies behind and do something has me looking forward to exercise for the first time in my life.

But boy is my butt sore.

No comments:

Post a Comment