Friday 2 August 2013

Bang! Boom! Body!

I've been doing Weight Watchers now for a month and I've lost 4.4kg.

I feel better. I have more energy. I am cooking better meals for myself and my family. I look forward to getting out and getting to the gym (and yes, to 'letting' the husband experience an hour or so twice a week as the stay-at-home parent). I wore leggings to the gym for the first time ever. I am thinking about what goes in my mouth rather than just obsessing and craving all the 'bad' food I can get my hands on.

I'm now about the weight I was when I fell pregnant with The Bubby. Which is five more than when I fell pregnant with The Toddler. Which is another five more than my preferred weight. Which is also a few above an awesome (but not really sustainable) weight.

But, while I am back in my 'normal' size and even have a few of those falling down, my shape is nothing like it was before. My stomach is in terrible shape, and the fact that my pelvis is still (STILL!) slipping out (both forward and up/down) is a bit of a pain in the butt (and the pelvis). I don't remember being this barrelly before I fell pregnant the second time, but I could have just been in denial.

Additionally, I get an extra 14 points while The Bubby is fully exclusively breastfed. That cuts down to 7 once she starts solids. We were planning to start The Bubby on solids at exactly 4 months like we did with The Toddler, but while I know she is watching us eat, I am not sure her neck control (see the previous post!) is where it needs to be. I've got a bit over a week to think about it, but we'll see how it goes.

But it feels great to be out and healthy.

It feels great to be living like an adult.

No comments:

Post a Comment