Saturday 17 August 2013

Interstate

URGH.

Travelling with The Toddler has brought on a whole new level of extreme.

Visiting my brother in Wagga, we had to book an apartment with a seperate room for The Toddler, knowing she would need a bed and hasn't slept with us in ours since she was a baby.

So she didn't get to sleep until after 10.30pm.

Then she woke at 430am when The Bubby was feeding in our room. And she wouldn't stay in her room (she could open the handles) and wouldn't let The Husband settle her, so I spent two hours laying in the second bed in her room telling her to lay down and sleep - we had left a light on in the lounge so if she got up and tried to find us she could see, rather than freaking out in the dark. Instead, this light made her think it was day time, and not go-the-eff-back-to-sleep time.

She then gave me a 45 minute sleep before raring to start the day. And then she napped three seperate times in the car during the day.

I've already been called out a few times on being short with her, but I gotta tell you, on such little sleep for such stupid (to me) reasons, I'm not going to apologise to anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment