Thursday 8 December 2011

Bed time

We still don't have a set routine/bed time for the baby - she's started to work out her own.

We had a few rough weeks of her waking every three hours during the night, coinciding with me finding it a lot harder to get to sleep - meaning I was getting sleep in 1.5 hour pockets. No fun.

The last few nights, she's going up to five hours between feeds at night - last night she fed at 8pm, 1.30am and 6.30am. This has been good in that we can sit with her on the couch for a little bit, then settle her to sleep (quite quickly now!) and have some time where the husband and I can sit and catch up and watch tv with all four arms free.

She did wake up for the day at 7.30 the other morning - I finished feeding her and she just had no intention of going back to sleep. She lay in the bed next to me, all wrapped up, singing and cooing and being adorable. I managed to trick her in to napping twice for about 15 minutes, but then she decided to wake me up by whacking me in the face. Both times.

It's probably a good idea that she goes to sleep and wakes up earlier - it would be no good to have a todder/small child up until 11.30 at night and starting her day at lunch time. It also means we'll be able to get out and get more done when she's actually able to do more things.

The only difficulty being that we head out for family dinners twice a week, and don't get home until after 9pm - but we're very lucky in that both sets of parents have bought portacots, so we can still get some of that earlier sleep out of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment