Saturday 24 December 2011

Sitting

Baby is a pretty good lap sitter - she's usually happy when we're out and about and sitting down to sit on you and just look around. I've also been sitting her up in front of me on the couch, just to practice.

Sunday morning, we sat her up on the bed by herself, just to see how she went.

She did it!

At first, it was more of a propped up lean - after we set her legs up like a diamond, she managed to hold herself in place on the bed. But with practice, she's getting better and better.

In a silly twist of events, I have been playing a game with her where she grabs on to my thumbs and she pulls herself up to a sit, then she lets go and falls back on to the bed and I tickle her so she laughs (rather than getting shocked at her fall). So quite often when she's sitting, she decides to throw herself backwards and laughs. I don't quite know how we're going to get her to practice sitting on somewhere a bit harder without this aftereffect....

No comments:

Post a Comment