Saturday 17 December 2011

Santa practice

We had a Christmas party this evening with my mum's side of the family, and it was pretty exciting to be involved in the present thing again.

When we were younger, this annual Christmas party was like the highlight of the year. My mum is one of eight kids, so there were always presents coming in from all directions. We'd hang out at my Grandmothers house, eat way too much, whinge at the parents that it was time for presents, get totally spoilt and then eat too many lollies before it was time to go back home.

As we've gotten older, we've progressed on to a Secret Santa with some of my older cousins. This is a lot more sensible for everyone involved.

But, the baby is now counted in with the younger cousins (although she is a second cousin/some other relation that I can't get my head around in terms of my aunts and uncles) and so she was back in and spoilt. So exciting to open the presents and to look forward to her development continuing to the point where she's actually going to interact more with these things!

The idea of her playing with a jack-in-the-box just thrills me to bits.

No comments:

Post a Comment