Thursday 29 December 2011

Cooking

I got two cookbooks from 'the baby' for Christmas (as well as some awesome headphones!) - Baby Bowl (by the author of the 4 ingredients cookbooks) and Weaning by Annabel Karmel.

I did some groceries the other day and grabbed some chicken and some random fruit and veg, to see what I could pull together from these books. Success!

We made three recipes - a 'power puree' of pumpkin, apple and banana; Cheesy leek, sweet potato and cauliflower; and Chicken, carrot, rice and green beans.

It's been very handy to have all of these set up in the freezer - they didn't take very long to cook, are all very quick/easy and I know that they're all healthy so I feel good for it.

As an example, today she had some of the Chicken mix at lunch time, followed by half a baby yoghurt and then the other half of the yoghurt with the pumpkin, apple and banana mixed through. Tonight she had some of the cheesy leek mix followed by four soldiers of toast. I'm trying to make sure that she's getting protein, fruit, veg, grains and dairy each day (but trying not to obsess over that).

No comments:

Post a Comment