Wednesday 28 December 2011

Damned if you do, damned if you don't

We had a few overnnight wakings last night (as per usual) and got up to start the day just before lunch.

The husband's parents came over to drop off some more things (including Baby Wombat's Week for the baby from a family friend - so adorable!) and once they left I grabbed my things to duck out and do the groceries while the husband was home so he could babysit. Except he'd made plans with a friend and there wouldn't be time.

He was apologetic, and he had nothing to apologise for, but as I was unpacking the groceries in to the car with the baby sitting happy in the babyseat of the trolley, it struck me how life shifts so much - it seems silly to be upset that I didn't get to do the groceries alone. Like it would have been such a highlight (really, it was fine - it's nice to have her there with me!).

Later that night when the baby was in bed (and the husband was home!) I went to the movies with a friend. And while I was there, I found myself wondering what was happening at home. Should I message to see how they're going? What's happening? Would it be silly to ask for a pic of what they're doing?

You get so used to having her around all the time - you're damned if you've got her, you're damned if you don't.

(Plus, I like to have her with me so that when people see my paunchy tummy they should understand that I got all stretched out carrying her, not that I've been hitting the beer).

No comments:

Post a Comment