Friday 30 December 2011

Easy day

Thursday night, baby fed at 11pm (after family tea), woke at 4am and was resettled, woke at 4.30am for a feed, woken at 7.30 for a feed and woke at 9.30. We pulled her in to bed, the husband went to the tip and to do some groceries and the two of us napped on and off until 11.30 (when the husband called to see what we wanted from the groggo for new years)(!).

I headed out to do some gardening after both the baby and I had had something to eat, and she stayed inside with the husband to watch the soccer. The husband came out and gardened too on and off all afternoon, but I did about five hours work (with two quick breaks to feed the baby).

Now that she's started solids and is spreading her feeds out, the actual feeding thing is a lot less of a 'hassle'. Because we were at home and the husband was keeping her entertained, I didn't spend my time considering how much time I had between feeds and whether it was 'worth' getting out to hit the garden. I just did it. And it was good to be able to just do what needed to be done.

And to enhance it, she sat out on the back stoop in her rocker chair and watched us for an hour or two as well. She was happy enough to sit by herself and see what we were doing (mostly) and to keep herself entertained by making her inhaling screech noise (which doubled as a fun game for the husband and I where we'd guess what she was gasping at... 'Oooooooooooooooooooh! You got me what for Christmas?', 'Ooooooooooooooooooh! We're having bbq tomorrow?' etc etc).

It's the most 'normal' stuff that I've done in mooooooooonths.

No comments:

Post a Comment