Tuesday 24 January 2012

Hullo ladies

Yesterday I got the chance to head up to Sydney to meet some of the lovely ladies in my online mothers group. They were organising to catch up, and when I was asked if I wanted to make the drive, I figured it was a great way to spend a day, and would be nice to meet the ladies that I've talked to and relied on so much over the last 14 months or so (and their adorable babies!).

It took a little while to get started as our stupid GPS was borked - so the day nearly ended up just being me sitting in the car on the highway, eating a dozen cupcakes and listening to the Hokey Pokey. But, it didn't.

The baby was well behaved on the drive up - we stopped at McDonalds for a toilet break, and she coped quite well with being put in the bassinet attachment from our pram, on the floor of the cubicle as I did what I needed to do (and again on the way back!). I was hoping that as it is such a popular rest stop, they would have a better equipped mothers room (now I sound like a snob).

On the drive back, we stopped at McDonalds again and I sat her in a highchair and gave her a rusk (and avoided the looks of people who might have thought I was feeding her McDonalds!), and we stopped again at a truckstop as she was crying again and I thought she wanted  a feed - she just wanted a cuddle.

It was a good drive, and besides being pooped at the end of the day, I'd totally do it again. It was so nice to meet everyone (no weirdo's!! Hooray!!!) and it was also nice to spend the time one-on-one with baby.

(She got to sleep at 10pm, then woke up at 5am! Unfortunately, I woke up at 4am and couldn't get back to sleep... I hope this is a new thing! Although, she probably slept for two hours each way on the drive, and had a nap at the house, so perhaps it came from having so much sleep? If only I could get her to sleep that much without having to spend so much on petrol!).

No comments:

Post a Comment