Wednesday 25 January 2012

Words?

Yesterday, I thought the baby was saying her first words.

She has started getting whingey in the mornings if I'm not out of bed and feeding her her solids breakfast when she wants it. So I had her in her highchair, playing with her highchair toy, while I got her weetbix ready. Whenever I was near her, she was fine, but as soon as I was in the kitchen (you know, actually getting the thing she was crying at me for not getting) she would cry. And then it sounded like she was calling out "Ma! Mmmmmaaa! MA!".

So I did what any sensitive mother would do, and rushed down the hallway to grab the husbands iPad so I could record her first words.

(I was also actually telling her that I was going as quick as I could and that I knew what it was like to be hungry and it was terrible but if she could please just relax he would be fine. To no avail).

So I set it up and started filming her, and carried on getting her breakfast.

But of course she was no longer calling out, and I just had two minutes of footage of my poor baby crying at me.

(I deleted it after that!).

No comments:

Post a Comment