Friday 13 January 2012

Rock out!

Baby has a new hobby - rocking on the spot.

I'm not sure where it come from, but we've been spending time with her, getting her to sit up. A lot of the time I was doing this, I would lay on my back, put her on my belly, and hold her hands while she sat. When she got a bit mumbly, I would bounce my belly up and down - this would make her bounce and giggle.

She's gotten quite good at sitting, but she doesn't get there herself - we sit her up, and she can sit for quite a bit, sliding forward as she got tired.

Now when she's sitting up, particularly when she's sitting on our laps and facing us, she'll rock back and forth like she's riding a pony.

Of course, googling is not so good, as it points a lot of mother worrying that their children are autistic, but there's also posts indicating that it means she's getting ready to move.

I believe its just part of her getting ready to start shuffling on her butt - the harness limits her leg movement so she's not really able to follow the natural progression (that was pointed out in one of my mothers groups) from laying on their back, to rolling to their belly, to getting on to all fours, to getting in to a sit, to moving.

Its pretty cute though, and she smiles the whole time she does it (although she was just doing this on the husband's lap as I typed this and she threw herself forward on to the toy that she was playing with - a bit of an OH&S hazard, it seems!).

No comments:

Post a Comment