Sunday 15 January 2012

Meet the new baby

Good friends of ours gave birth to their second son last weekend, and we got to go visit them all today.

I knew that we would be all 'wow! how tiny!', particularly as we experienced a similar thing when friends visited us in hospital with their three week old(er than the baby), all that time ago.

But man, so tiny!!

The little wrists and legs. The dry skin on the hands and feet. The grunts and hiccups, the complete and absolute utter helplessness.

And the stare.

I think that was what stuck with me most - the blank, assessing, humourless stare of the newborn.

He was totally adorable, but it reminded me of how hard those few months were for me before the baby smiled and interacted.

She looked like a great old gonky giant next to him, and I wouldn't change it for the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment