Sunday 22 January 2012

Shade cover

We were trying to get some gardening done today - the husband started outside while I fed the baby and put her to sleep, then I had 45 minutes to get as much done as I could.

When the husband ducked inside to put on some sunscreen, he came back out with the baby, a little earlier than I expected. I set her out in her rocker chair and a bunch of toys and a hat, in the hopes we could continue to garden while she would keep herself entertained. But, of course, there were tonnes of flies and mosquitos hanging around, so we couldn't really just leave her out there to fend for herself.

I remembered I'd bought a shade/bug cover for the stroller, so I sat it over the chair. She was happy for a minute or two, then she was not. impressed. at. all.

So I brought her inside and we played on the bed. And I fed her. And we played some more. And she continued to mope - she would be happy when you leant in to kiss her, but cranky when you weren't. I tried some Bonjella on her top gum and it seemed to calm her a bit, then I tried to put her back down to sleep. It took three tries to get her down for good - she just wanted to lay on my chest while I sat in the rocking chair, and she would hum to herself. Then as soon as she's stop and start to get sleepy, I would put her down and she would wake up cranky. The only way I managed to get her down was to put her in her cot and then keep my head on her belly for a minute, so she would think she was still on me.

Last night I slept 1am-230; 240-330; 355-545; 600-730; 740-900. Then the husband got out of bed and took the baby so I got two hours of unbroken sleep.

I hope this is her top teeth coming in.

I hope they come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment