Tuesday 18 October 2011

Blocks

My day is broken up in to two hour blocks.

Feeding and changing baby typically takes an hour (although of late, closer to 30-45 mins). She feeds every three hours (my baby SO smart she knows three hours down to the minute, and very kindly and sweetly alerts me to the fact), so I have up to 2.5 hours to fill.

It always starts with entertaining the baby, then getting her to sleep and in to the bassinet. Then 'free time'.

This morning, I had 45 minutes to fill - I got to hang out a load of washing, wash the bird feeders, feed the inside and outside birds, put away the dishes and do a spot of vacuuming before breakfast. Baby looked like she'd be sleeping for a bit longer so I spent 30 minutes effing around with savory pikelets that kept sticking and not cooking. Then baby woke up after I'd chucked out 12 stuffed pikelets, so I binned the rest of the batter and had cereal.

My second round of free time allowed me to do the washing up, put away some folding, bring in the bins and the mail, and prep as much as I could for dinner tonight.

My third round of free time today? I'm choosing to hold the baby as I type this and watch tv, sneaking peeks at her sleeping with her tiny angel mouth hanging open. Pretty cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment