Sunday 2 October 2011

Sleeps

We're settling in to a bit more of a routine.

The last three nights, the baby has slept between 8 and 10 hours. Of course, she rises out of her sleep cycles and makes noise that makes me think she's about to wake up, so I go so far as to turn on my 'baby in the bed' light or get her feeding mat out, but she's always gone back to sleep. One of those nights I fell asleep at the same time as her, so not a bad sleep (even if I woke up two or three times).

After her big sleep, we do a feed and she usually goes back to sleep for three hours (apart from the night she slept 1:30-10:00, I would have felt bad about making her sleep again!).

Then, on most days, after she feeds and plays and then starts to yawn, she can keep herself happy in her bassinet in the loungroom under the butterfly mobile, for roughly an hour (she usually falls asleep).

Then, she feeds every three hours during the day/night, almost to the minute.

I have to be realistic that this is only temporary - it might not even work this way from tomorrow. But it's nice to feel a little more in control - to look back at how hard it was when she just had no idea of any pattern. It makes the thought of having a second child all the more daunting.

No comments:

Post a Comment