Friday 30 September 2011

Milk shakes

I don't know what I thought breastfeeding would be like.

It freaked me out a little because I didn't really know what to expect. And it hurt a little at the start. For longer than I had read it was meant to.

But now? No worries.

But it's the mechanics of it that shock me. I guess I knew what went where, but didn't know what exactly happened. Like the baby got magically filled up like when you plug your mobile in to the charger.

Not quite.

Because if my baby magically detaches herself, she will end up with milk sprayed all over her. And the couch/pillow/my singlet.

Sometimes I feel bad.

But sometimes I let myself laugh at the way she has streaks of milk all over her face and a glistening halo of droplets in her hair.

Or how she will pant as she tries to catch her breath.

Not when she kind of chokes from the force of it.

But definitely when I don't notice that she's snuck off and is just getting hosed in the ear/eyes/nose.

No comments:

Post a Comment