Friday 23 September 2011

Hugs

Baby had a fantastic sleep last night, from before midnight until just before 8am. Of course, I got to sleep after midnight, woke up at 3am and went to the bathroom and woke up at 6am when she was sleep-crying.

She timed her feeding perfectly that I got to my doctor's appointment right on time, then was mostly lovely while I visited work friends. Then, we got home, and she timed another feed perfectly so there was no blank time between finishing and meeting a friend at Floriade - where she was mostly lovely.

And it was on the drive home that I realised I missed hugging her. Because we had been out and about all day, there wasn't any of that time where she grumbles and I hold her on the couch and sing to her.

I got a feeling in my shoulders and upper arms, like a physical longing to be holding her teeny-pudgy body in my arms.

It made laying on the couch and looking up at her big googly head all the lovelier.

Even when she spewed on my clean tshirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment