Tuesday 6 September 2011

Support

I'm very lucky to have so much support in raising baby.

I don't know how I would have survived without the husband being at home with me for the first four weeks - to look back on it, it's such a blur now.

I joined the Essential Baby forums once I found out I was pregnant, and have met an amazing group of women (all due in July 2011) who answered many of my inane (and probably obvious) questions. We've moved over to a facebook group, and it is such a godsend to have almost fifty other women who are all more than happy to chime in with advice and support, as well as sharing their stories.

Two other girls in my branch at work gave birth in March, and they invited me along to their informal mothers group. It is so wonderful to be able to hook in to the knowledge of these awesome ladies who have been through what I'm going through, but three months ago.

Another girl at my work, who is also the sister of a friend of a friend, AND whose partner is a second cousin of the husband, had her daughter the day before I had mine. We've caught up for coffee but chat a lot over facebook, and she's always so supportive and helpful with her advice, and listens/reads my ramblings.

Both the husband and I have family who are more than keen to look after her (whether we're there or not!) and to look after us as well.

I don't think I'd be anywhere as near as comfortable as I am now without all of these people.

Just wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment