Monday 26 September 2011

12 weeks

Today I started the Michelle Bridges 12 week body transformation - she's doing a special round for new mums/pregnant women.

Did you know that breastfeeding is meant to burn about 500 calories a day?

So far it's going well (almost 24 hours in) - I did the whole take-a-photo-in-your-undies thing, took some measurements and tried to focus on the positives.

I did really well in the pushup and flexibility tests, but had to walk the 1km fitness test (I was told I wasn't allowed to get straight in to running) and couldn't even manage one sit up (damn stomach muscles).

I've eaten beans with all three meals today (a first! Normally I eat zero beans!) and haven't had any caffeine.

Not only is it outlining all my meals and exercise, and giving me things to think about (to perhaps help me understand my relationship with food), I'll be getting healthier (not just leaner {hopefully}).

But the best thing for me is that I've got something to concentrate on during the day. Like rather than sitting down on the internet, holding the baby, waiting for the husband to come home so I can actually do stuff, I'm more proactive in getting her settled/occupied so that I can do what I need to.

I've got things running in my mind, rather than letting the gray fuzzies be my primary thoughts.

First weigh in is on Wednesday....

No comments:

Post a Comment