Monday 10 October 2011

Chitter Chatter

I was getting ready to head out over the weekend, and the husband was perched next to the baby, who was laying on her feeding mat on the bed.

"Mummy doesn't talk to you much, does she?" he chattered at her.

This wasn't meant to be insulting or hurtful in anyway, I had pointed out earlier in the day that I don't think I talk to her enough.

"Daddy doesn't do anything with you but talk to you!" he continued.

That night, my parents were looking after the baby so that we could head out to celebrate another birthday (hooray for having enough milk!!!) (and hooray for having parents who were willing/able to look after her for the night at short notice!!!).

They were both talking to her - cooing, agreeing, questioning and celebrating - and she loved it, smiling and cooing.

I still do worry that I'm not as bonded as I should be?

As the husband said, "there's no sooner day than tomorrow".

I am going to make more of an effort to talk to my daughter. I will talk more to my daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment