Saturday 15 October 2011

Slightly up

Baby had her 14 week weigh in on Thursday.

I was a little worried about it (after last weeks performance), but she hadn't seemed unhappy - the screeching of the last week had stopped.

She put on roughly 350g this fortnight (and peed ALL OVER the scales. Like crazy amounts of wee. Which made her very happy).

The nurse noted that I'm going in for surgery next month, and we talked about how I can keep my supply up. She mentioned that I might want to eat more because I'll be fasting before surgery. I told her I plan to stock our freezer full of milk between now and then so that the husband can feed her while I'm in there all day and overnight. She pointed out that by then we'll be able to have started the baby on solids and could even give her water in a bottle.

I explained that I have been calorie counting, sticking to roughly 1700 calories a day. She asked why and I explained that I wanted to be able to fit back in to my clothes. She asked if I was hungry because it was important to eat, and I explained that I'm eating a lot better than I used to - definitely more greens, protein and beans (less white bread and hot chips). She said the most important thing is that I eat properly and look after myself so that my baby can eat properly and be healthy. I told her if it was compromising her health, then I would stop.

In retrospect, that week of crying probably was linked to the change in diet - I was only on 1200-1400 calories a day at that stage. In the last week of 1700 a day I lost 1kg; in my week of 1200-1400 I lost 400g.

Wouldn't it be funny to have to eat junk food just to make my baby healthier....!

No comments:

Post a Comment