Friday 3 February 2012

Sleep

The lack of decent sleep is starting to get to me.

A few nights ago, baby went to sleep just before 8pm, after 45 minutes of on-and-off calling out and resettling. I got to sleep just before 12, and she woke up at 1.30am. And 2.30am. and 3am. It was a colder night and she wouldn't get to sleep until she'd kicked her legs out of her blankets. And as soon as I'd get back out of bed and tuck her in, she'd put her legs straight in the air and would. not. keep. them. down.

I was this close to yelling at my baby for the first time. KEEP YOUR LEGS DOWN!.

I fed her at three because I just. couldn't. imagine. getting out of bed again that night. I had to stop myself from crying as I fed her, for fear of how totally tragic and pathetic that was - sitting in the dark in the middle of the night, sobbing quietly on my baby. All she was doing was all that she knew how to do - it's fun to kick your legs up.

Then she woke up at 6am and I fed her again. And 6.30, when the husband put her in our bed. And 7.30. And 9 (after taking another half hour to get to sleep).

I hope the leg thing stops when the brace comes off (hopefully just three more weeks, people!) - I think the way the harness sits means that she can only straighten them straight up while she's on her back. And perhaps when it's off, she'll roll more and she'll get tireder?

Either way, I've formalised with the husband that I will deal with her on Friday mornings so he can get a sleep in, and he will do the same for me on Saturday's. I hope this will help.

1 comment: