Saturday 2 June 2012

Donk eye

Oops.

The baby's fascination for drawers continues - there's almost no point us having put velcro on the drawers to keep them closed, as she's worked out how to use velcro (my new strategy is having the less dangerous stuff in the lower drawers).

Last night as I was drying her hair after her bath, she was very insistently rifling through the bottom drawer in the bathroom. I haven't yet gone through and restorted these drawers, so heaven knows what is in there. It took me until today  to realise that when I sit and dry her I can just jam my foot against it to keep it closed, so she was the victim of her own persistence - as she was fighting to get her head away from the towel and see in to the drawer, she threw her head at it and donked her head.

I got to sleep in this morning, so I had a guilty looking husband ask if I had seen her black eye - while he was sitting with her on the couch yesterday afternoon she had rolled and donked her head on the arm of the couch.

It's not a black eye, but she has a little mark there. And I told him that it was likely from the drawer, as I hadn't seen exactly where she donked her head last night. And I told him she wouldn't be our daughter if she wasn't looking neglected (she has a noticeable bruise on her forearm that I have no idea where it came from).

No comments:

Post a Comment