Thursday 28 June 2012

Much the same

This morning, the baby woke in a better mood.

Yesterday afternoon she was whingy. She could be distracted slightly, but then would do something to upset herself. By the time the husband got home for me to go swimming, I was ready. I passed her over with 'I'm outy!' and I left.

After my lesson I sat in the car, took a breath and realised that having that one hour break was enough to give me the strength to dive back in to the babies mood.

Luckily.

Because as soon as I got out of the car at the husbands parents house, I could hear her crying. She had cried for almost two hours (since I left for swimming) and hadn't eaten much at all. And there were no dummies in the nappy bag.

The poor husband had already driven home and back again after he'd forgotten the nappy bag, but he quickly volunteered to head out to get the dummies and some panadol.

By the time he got back, she was thankfully quiet - I'd managed to distract her with a Jatz biscuit and some mummy cuddles (though not too many, because that also triggered her off). Over the course of dinner she probably swung through her mood extremes five times.

We were all very happy to have the day behind us, and I was double glad to see her smile at me from her cot when I went in to get her ready this morning.

But.

After a morning at the shops (including a nap), a (two hour!) nap at home and then a drive out to the city, she was back to her old self. I carried her through the shop while I ran my errand. She whinged her way through some floor time. Whined her way through 'dinner' (more on the floor, only a few mouthfuls of pasta, a few peas, a tub of yoghurt and half a mandarin for dinner). She carried on in the bath, and double time on the change table.

She was asleep in bed by 6:30.

I read that there is another wonder week between 49-52 weeks. I hope this passes - I think I am the gladdest I have been in a long time that tomorrow is Friday and 'daddy daycare' day - though I don't think I'll be getting out of it scot-free!

No comments:

Post a Comment