Friday 26 August 2011

Checking in and out

Thursday morning I had a 'development check' appointment, booked in at the clinic. I wasn't sure when I booked it or what it was for exactly, but off we went.

Turns out, it was actually a check for me!

They ran through the Edinburgh Postnatal Depression Scale, based on how I had been feeling over the past 7 days - I only scored 3/30, so it seems I did okay. Then they gave baby the quick once over - she is now in the 50th percentile for her height and head circumference (the same as when she was born) but she has packed on almost 2kg so her weight has jumped from the 25th percentile to the 75th! The nurse also said she had lovely colour and her skin was looking great. She did question whether she favours looking to one side over the other when she is on her back, so I'm going to try to keep her balanced out - I've heard of babies having neck problems that need physio to correct.

After that appointment I did some fathers days shopping, had lunch with a work friend, registered baby on my Medicare card and then tried to sort out updating the microchip details for both of our dogs - we were out of the house from 10am - 4:30, and she only had two short feeds during that time (in the baby change rooms of the shopping centre, in the little curtained rooms {both times I had random kids come stick their heads behind the curtains and stare at me}). We came home, she had a feed, and then we headed to the husbands parents house for diner for a few hours, and she was well and truly over it all once we got her in to the car for the drive home. She had a feed on the hour for the next three hours and then BAM. Slept from 11:00 - 5:30.

I might have got a 5 hour block of sleep, although the husband was asking me something or other at midnight and woke me, and I woke up around 1:30 a little confused as to why I wasn't up and feeding her.

Of course, after her 5:30 feed I was so wired and awake that I didn't get back to sleep until 7am and didn't really sleep properly, so I feel tireder today than I have all week.

She's been sleeping for a few hours now, but I'm hoping that after a feed, a bath, and another feed we will get another proper sleep out of her.

I bet we don't!

No comments:

Post a Comment