Wednesday 24 August 2011

Park day

The weather was beautiful here again today - I think it maxxed out at around 20 degrees. I managed three loads of washing, the parent payment paperwork, worked out how to update the microchip details on our dogs and enrolled in a mothers group.

I thought it was quite odd that I 'couldn't get in' to a session until October, and it runs for four weeks... I'd thought it was just a bunch of mothers sitting around, I didn't realise you only get a limited run...?!

Then, because it was so lovely out, I figured it might be nice to take the dogs and baby to the dog park.

Big mistake.

She whinged the whole 45 minutes we were there, before it turned in to screaming. Because only one of our dogs is marginally behaved, I had her and the baby in the car before I went back to get the other dog, by which time she was crying so hard she was noiseless. Then, once we were home, another 50 minutes of screaming kicked off before a combination of baby panadol, some burping/spitting and Paul Simon's 'Graceland' on full ball calmed her enough that she fell in to a cycle of glaring at me, microsleeping, and making those whimpering noises you make after a really big crying session.

She's just had a bath and is on round two of her tears, so I'm going to jam a boob in to her again to try to calm her down.

Damn those immunisations - apparently this behaviour can last for up to a week.

2 comments:

  1. Have you thought about trying a fitball to help bubs to sleep? It works wonders for my niece :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I would sit on it and bounce?

    ReplyDelete