Friday 19 August 2011

Win

I typed up last nights post in the middle of a two and a half hour feeding stint.

TWO. AND. A. HALF. HOURS.

We came home from the husband's family tea - she was showing them the same unsettled version of herself that I had the pleasure of lugging around the house for the past two days. I sat down to feed her and all would be temporarily well, until she'd decided enough was enough and would pull away and scrunch up her face until I burped her and off we went again. Then she'd sit back happily for 30 seconds, then start screeching and would furiously suck on my finger when I 'tested' her. Then we did that for another two hours.

When it got to midnight I took a break so I could shower, because really, she showed no signs of slowing down. And as soon as she was in the husbands arms? BAM. Straight to sleep. And smiling every so often, just to rub it in.

By the time I got out of the shower and in to bed, she was awake and squawky again, but a ten minute feed sorted her out.

AND THEN SHE SLEPT FOR FIVE HOURS.

You guys - 4.5 hours sleep? For the first time in months? I don't think I've EVER felt that awake at 5:30 in the morning.

To think I used to get 8 - 10 hours sleep and still feel totally wrecked...!

No comments:

Post a Comment